This is the first cake recipe I tried out in Solli.
It came about mostly because I couldn’t find walnuts or chocolate and had to improvise with what was available at the Bulk Mart! Due to lack of measuring implements, I’ve approximated to what’s available in most kitchens here…
- 1 mug of self raising flour
- 3/4 of a mug of sugar
- 1/2 a 227g packet of butter (~113.5g)
- 2 eggs
- 5 bananas
- 1 packet of cashew nuts (crushed while still in their bag with afore mentioned mug)
- The equivalent number of sultanas ~ 50g
- 1 spoon of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees C
- Melt butter and use a tiny bit to grease pan
- Mix together butter and sugar
- Mash bananas and add to the mix
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir until combined
- Bake for about 30mins and give it a once over, then for another 10 or so.
This is fine on its own with a cup of tea… but I like to add a butter icing if time/availability of ingredients permits.
- The other half of the packet of butter (~113.5g)
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 spoons of milk
- Optional – cinnamon to top
- Melt butter
- Add everything together and stir until smooth
- Ice cake, sprinkle with cinnamon